I think you can BBQ pretty much anything and it tastes great. But of course barbecuing chicken is classic, easy, and so stinkin’ delicious. We made up a sauce that we slather our chicken with to BBQ and it never fails to delight.
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic
- ~1.5 C olive oil
- Worchester sauce
- Smoke flavor
- Red wine vinegar
- Black pepper
Use a “stick” blender to blend everything together. Pour oil over garlic, add some salt, a little pepper, a few dashes of worchester sauce, quite a few squirts of smoke flavoring, and a tad of red wine vinegar. Blend until smooth. Color varies depending on amount of oil and worchester sauce. Add more oil to get it more liquid.
Slather over chicken tenders, drum sticks, and thighs to BBQ. Our favorite is slicing up chicken breasts into thin slices and salting and putting sauce on. Then BBQ till lightly crisped! So yummy!
I love eating pasta, and the sauce is for sure what makes it special. My Mom has always made delicious sauce to go with our spaghetti, and this is a recipe she makes that I modified slightly. It’s a perfect summer sauce. My amounts are a little vague, as you kind of need to just make as much as you think works…..Let me know if you try it out! 🙂
Summer Pasta & Homemade Sauce
- 1 package of spaghetti noodles (any pasta works!)
- Fresh tomatoes, chopped up (or canned tomatoes)
- Garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Zucchini, in small cubes
- Oregano (or an herb you like)
- Olive oil
- Olives (for topping)
- Cheese (I didn’t use any, because I forgot, but I’d definitely add that on top at the end!)
Boil water, add a handful of salt to the water, and add pasta. Cook per package instructions. If pasta is done before sauce, drain, rinse under cold water (to stop cooking), and drizzle with oil to prevent sticking.
In a pan, on medium heat, heat olive oil. Once hot, add chopped garlic. Let slightly brown and then add in the tomatoes and zucchini. Add salt and oregano, and stir. Let cook for at least 5 minutes, until the zucchini is soft.
Next, either put this sauce into a bowl and set aside to cook the eggs, or get a new pan to fry the eggs. Scramble your eggs (with a little salt).
Once the eggs are done, add the sauce to the pan, and stir. Let cook for a couple minutes (or until pasta is done). Throughout this process, make sure your heat isn’t too high that it burns off the tomato liquid, or you won’t have a sauce – adjust temperature as needed.
Serve pasta with sauce….add some chopped olives as garnish. Enjoy!
I wanted to share this deliciously yummy summer treat with y’all cause it’s pretty easy to make and great for a summer party or just for you! My mom used to make this a lot and instead of strawberries like I did, you can use blueberries, rasberries, peaches, etc…or a mix! The cheesecake itself is super simple. You can have lots of fun and be creative with the topping! This recipe also makes a little too much topping, but you can either add the leftovers to it after it’s fully chilled, or you can use them on top of ice cream or some other dessert.
If you try it out let me know! And for sure, don’t be afraid to make it. I have never made a cheesecake and I made it for Mother’s Day (pics below) and it turned out perfect….you can’t really screw it up! ❤
- Bake a 9″ pie shell and let cool.
- Fruit glaze:
- 2 1/2 C crushed fruit (I used strawberries for all the fruit)
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 T lemon juice
- Mix the fruit, sugar and cornstarch and cook until clear and glaze-like. Add lemon juice & cool.
- Cream cheese filling (the cake):
- 2 packs of 10 oz. cream cheese (a.k.a. 20 oz.)
- 3 T whip cream or 1/2 & 1/2
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C whip cream (Whipped — whip before starting the next step)
- Mix the cream cheese, 3T cream and beat until well blended. Add sugar and beat well. Add the vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream. Put the filling into the pie shell and chill for about 3 hours.
- Putting it together:
- 2-3 C fresh fruit (again, I used strawberries and just used the rest of the ones that I had. You can wing this measurement and just add as much/little as you like.)
- Fold the fresh fruit (chopped) into the fruit glaze. Cover the cheesecake with fruit glaze and let chill overnight.
It’s now ready to serve! Maybe a little bit of whip cream on top? It’s delicious!!!