I wanted to share this deliciously yummy summer treat with y’all cause it’s pretty easy to make and great for a summer party or just for you! My mom used to make this a lot and instead of strawberries like I did, you can use blueberries, rasberries, peaches, etc…or a mix! The cheesecake itself is super simple. You can have lots of fun and be creative with the topping! This recipe also makes a little too much topping, but you can either add the leftovers to it after it’s fully chilled, or you can use them on top of ice cream or some other dessert.
If you try it out let me know! And for sure, don’t be afraid to make it. I have never made a cheesecake and I made it for Mother’s Day (pics below) and it turned out perfect….you can’t really screw it up! ❤
- Bake a 9″ pie shell and let cool.
- Fruit glaze:
- 2 1/2 C crushed fruit (I used strawberries for all the fruit)
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 T lemon juice
- Mix the fruit, sugar and cornstarch and cook until clear and glaze-like. Add lemon juice & cool.
- Cream cheese filling (the cake):
- 2 packs of 10 oz. cream cheese (a.k.a. 20 oz.)
- 3 T whip cream or 1/2 & 1/2
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C whip cream (Whipped — whip before starting the next step)
- Mix the cream cheese, 3T cream and beat until well blended. Add sugar and beat well. Add the vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream. Put the filling into the pie shell and chill for about 3 hours.
- Putting it together:
- 2-3 C fresh fruit (again, I used strawberries and just used the rest of the ones that I had. You can wing this measurement and just add as much/little as you like.)
- Fold the fresh fruit (chopped) into the fruit glaze. Cover the cheesecake with fruit glaze and let chill overnight.
It’s now ready to serve! Maybe a little bit of whip cream on top? It’s delicious!!!